Sunday, January 9, 2011

Nursery sketches

Time is running short as I enter my last trimester and I am scrambling to catch up on the "big" things! Getting the nursery ready is definitely on the list of things to do, and since I am planning on painting a mural, this needs to get done asap. Originally I thought I might skip the mural, but seeing as I painted one for my cousins
and one for a friend of my cousin Kari
the pressure is on to perform for my own!

I was having trouble getting really excited about any specific mural, but Jeremy really wanted me to paint monsters in Eliza's room. Think cute, cuddly Monster's Inc. style monsters, not big, scary eat-you-while-you-sleep monsters. I've definitely had mixed reactions telling people about our plans, seeing as it's not exactly what you would call traditional - but as I've started sketching and playing with ideas I've gotten more excited.
Below are my favorite sketches so far. Because baby girl's room is pretty small I don't know if they will all make the cut, so tell me - which ones do you like the best?

10 comments:

  1. If counting from the top I like 6 & 7 the best (but they are all pretty cute)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the dragon...I'm partial to dragons hahah there's a Dragon Dash app on the Itouch..don't know if you have a smartphone or not, and don't know if you can get the app, but it's a pretty cute looking dragon...it's a light green color with short pink horns

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second pic of the yellow dragon, I like too. my first comment was actually talking about the blue-green dragon with the flower on it's head

    ReplyDelete
  4. So darn cute! My favorites are 5, 6, and 7 if counting from the top...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think i like 1, 5, and 8 the best, with 6, 5, and 2 being close behind them. Counting from the top.

    Love them all though, they're ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops! I meant 1, 4, and 8, and then 6, 5, and 2. Not 5 twice. My bad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like 2, 3 and 7

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so funny they're all pretty darned even! Aside from the second to last having way more "votes," the rest are all on par :-p
    Thanks for all the input!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually like them all quite a bit, but my least fave is #4. Not that I don't like, but I like the others better.

    ReplyDelete