Sunday, February 6, 2011

29 weeks


I'm sitting by the fire, enjoying the snow outside and watching Eliza do what appears to be somersaults in my belly! She is so active and it is so fun. I think this is the part of pregnancy that I am going to miss the most.
Things have been going really well with the pregnancy still - I have been feeling especially exhausted a couple of days a week, but I suppose that's too be expected. I'm sure it will only get worse! For about the last three weeks Eliza has been hanging out almost completely on my right side. I feel (and look) so stinking lopsided! It's killing my right hip, but the doctor and doula didn't seem to be concerned. I guess as long as she's comfortable that's all that matters - I'd better get used to that mentality. :-p We're looking at 77 days until our due date - wow this last part is flying by!
We've been rushing around trying to get ready and things are going pretty smoothly overall. Jeremy built Eliza's dresser and moved all of the guest room furniture out of her room with the help of Brett and Jermanie. Last night he cleaned out her closet and I organized all of the stuff we have so far and the room is looking much less like a Babies 'R Us explosion! This week I had two days off of work due to the extreme cold temperatures and luckily had just stocked up on paint so I could start the mural. I have three and a half monsters completed as of right now. I think we may actually be ready by the time this little girl decides to come! :-)

4 comments:

  1. So cool. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room is really coming along! Your paintings look AMAZING!!! Lucky lil Eliza!!! And you look adorable!! I so can't wait to see you and baby girl in May!!!

    I wish I could give you some comforting words about that exhaustion....but I'm afraid you'd know I was lying. This is all preparing you for that first year of zombiehood...er I mean parenthood ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the paintings Janet! Can't wait to see them in person. You look great too and these next two months will fly by and before you know it you'll be holding Eliza in your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks amazing!!! I wish we could have a Janet mural in our nursery!

    ReplyDelete