Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sniff Sniff

Today is a bittersweet day as Eliza turns two weeks old. Two weeks already! I really can't wrap my head around it, everybody was right that time is going to fly from here on out. I know it's silly, but what makes me the saddest is that now when we go out and people ask how old she is I have to start referring to weeks instead of days :( Though Jeremy thinks I should just keep it up with the days - "she's 147 days old today!" :-p
Mom came back down and stayed with us for most of this week too. Poor Jeremy had strained his back so bad while I was laboring (just being tense, then crouching over my bed to coach me while I was pushing, followed by a night on a hard bench at the hospital), that he had to go to the doctor. He hadn't been taking it easy at all - since I was restricted from lifting more than 15lbs for two weeks he had been lugging around the carseat and doing any other lifting that was needed around the house. He has also been playing in a tennis league which didn't help at all. The doctor put him on restriction and said no more than 10lbs of lifting - so back grandma came to help us out!
We've been keeping pretty busy - a lot of that has to do with the fact that Jeremy and I get antsy staying in so we've gone out every day. The weather has been fairly gloomy so any time that sun peeks out we try to run outside and get a quick walk in. It should clear up by Tuesday this week so I'm looking forward to that.
Eliza goes in for her 2 week checkup on Tuesday - they doctor said breastfed babies need to get back to their original birth weight by two weeks and I think that little miss has well exceeded that goal - I could barely get her into one of her original onesies this morning!
Lastly, Jeremy has another couple of days off and then is back to work - time for me to figure out how to do this on my own! Of course I'm sure my mom will be down all the time to help out, but it will definitely be different. The biggest bummer is that Jeremy has to travel to New Jersey a week from Monday for five days. I don't know who it's going to be harder on - me not having him here or him having to be away from Eliza!
Alright, enough rambling - enjoy the pictures!
(My cousin Erin came and took some amazing photos of Eliza last week - will get those up shortly!)

The Woombie swaddle Jeremy's coworker got for Eliza - she loves it!

Having good dreams

Daddy trying to wake little miss up!

Okay, I know a lot of it has to do with the angle - but what a little chunker! Looks like a sumo wrestler! :-p

Awesome onesie grandma got her

Meeting cousin Natalie, who is enamored

Okay couldn't resist the cute butt picture - getting ready for bathtime

Passed out - check out the adorable converse socks

Chillin with daddy

3 comments:

  1. Every single picture is a delight! I scrolled through and looked at each one like ten times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about your life with precious Baby Eliza and looking at these adorable pics! Keep them coming!
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is such a cute girl! - Jenn Downing

    ReplyDelete