Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Little Pony

When I "came out" at work at 12 weeks, I decided not to mention anything to the students, and to just wait until they noticed and asked me. They're pretty oblivious as a rule, so I figured it would be awhile, but apparently I accidentally outed myself this week when a student thought I was referring to my belly as "My Little Pony"!
I was helping rotate the fourth graders through the hall, and in order to remember who was supposed to go where, the specials teachers and I use the acronym "My Little Pony" to remember - Music, Library, PE. I was explaining this to a student when I heard a gasp and frantic whispering and shrieking from the end of the line. Being the responsible educator I am, I hurried to hush the little buggers up, only to be asked "Are you having a baby?!?!?!". Confused because this was so sudden, I said "Yes, yes I am." One of the little girls said "Why do you call it a pony?!" I was sooo confused. Apparently I had been pulling the pregnant-lady-unconscious-belly-rub when I said "My Little Pony" and the girl thought I was referring to a baby! So now, of course, the baby has a new nickname until we figure out it's real name!

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha, that is awesome! Sounds like you found a good fetus nickname. I totally caught myself doing the unconscious belly rub out in public the other day...I'm sure I just looked like I was hungry or having indigestion or something. Your ultrasound is SO SOON!!!! Eeeeee!!! Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally have the giggles now. hehehehe

    ReplyDelete