Sunday, July 31, 2011

Boulder trip and updates

We took a spontaneous jaunt to Boulder two weekends ago because our friends Jeff and Asmita have an apartment there for the summer and generously offered to let us stay there while they were in Vail. I was really excited because Jeremy had never been to Boulder, but unfortunately it turned out to be the hottest weekend of the year! Nights were pretty rough with no air conditioning and we ended up just escaping to nearby Estes Park during the day where it was much cooler and doing dinner in Boulder. It was a pretty fun weekend anyway and we plan on doing Boulder again this fall when Jeremy can see it and enjoy it a little bit more. Eliza did pretty darned well considering that she spent most of both days either in her carseat or stroller. She only had two major breakdowns but of course they ended up being during our two dinners out so one of us had to hold her and bounce her during the meals. Overall it was a nice getaway for us - Jeremy has been super stressed with work and it was good for him to be able to unwind and not feel like he had to be doing stuff around the house.

We saw a moose up really close in Rocky Mountain National Park!


Beautiful hike


Family :)


Enjoying riding with Momma


Tuckered out


We wore her out!


Eliza is growing so fast. Just today she flipped from her back to her stomach for the first time! She has started to reach for and grab onto toys and then promptly shoves them into her mouth. I'm also about 95% sure that she's cutting a molar. Since babies usually don't teeth this early and they usually get their molars last this is very unusual, but not unheard of. I can see a white dot on her gums and she's been exceptionally mouthy, drooly and sad. I'm hoping it will go back up into the gums here soon and wait to bug her later since molars are so difficult to cut. It's so hard to see her sad and know there's not a whole lot I can do to help. I've discovered that our big battle is probably going to be naps. She used to sleep during the day just fine but recently she's really been fighting it. Luckily she's been sleeping between 6-9 hours straight every night though. I'd rather have a hard time during the day than at night!

This week is when I would have had to go back to work if I had stayed on at Columbia and I must say I am very happy to be at home. I miss Eliza when I leave for just a few hours and think I would be very unhappy to be apart from her so much.

Ready to walk around at Grandma's house

Cousin Natalie made her a hat


So happy!


Hangin out


Daddy's favorite outfit


Sooooo sleeepy


Elephants for breakfast


1 comment:

  1. SO CUTE! It sounds like you had a blast in Boulder/Estes Park! Did you get melty cheese by chance?? :)

    ReplyDelete