Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The end of an era

Today we bid farewell to our dearest, most beloved infant tool - the bouncy seat.  This morning I put Eliza in the seat while I was getting ready for the shower and when I turned around she was leaning completely forward and almost touching the ground.  Surely not, I thought . . . surely I had put her in wrong.  I pushed her back to the standard reclining position and watched closely.  Soon enough she started a heave-ho type movement to try to get herself sitting up, lifting the back feet of the bouncy a bit off the ground each time.  After three big heaves she was sitting up with a huge smile on her face - proud as pie!
We have treasured this piece of equipment for the past five months almost as much as we treasure the little booger that sits in it.  Regardless of it's ill-informed design (see below), it has provided us with hours of sanity and back breaks.  Not to mention that aside from the car, it has been the only way that little miss will take a nap during the day.  With that said - any ideas on how to transition her to the crib for naps?
What is that bear doing to my child???

Below we pay homage to our dear bouncy - you will be sorely missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment