Saturday, December 11, 2010

Over halfway there!

I can't believe it, but we are already more than halfway through this pregnancy! At 21 weeks our little girl is kicking and punching me like crazy, as well as swallowing, digesting and listening to everything we say! Time to start watching our language :-p I've started taking a prenatal yoga class which I love - it's so much better than any yoga class I've taken in the past and I think a lot of it has to do with the instructor. I'm really glad because she is the only instructor in the Springs that offers prenatal yoga. Crazy! She's an RN and used to be a midwife, so she gives tips throughout the class on how you can take things we learn in yoga with us to the birth. It's fun being around other pregnant women one night a week too.
I have so much to do that I haven't even begun to work on - choosing a nursery mural,painting a nursery mural, registering, choosing a name, etc etc! I don't even know where to get started. A friend at work has a baby due about a month before us and they have their nursery completely done and are 100% ready for that little boy to come out tomorrow! Talk about intimidating. Sheesh I need to get my act together!

I know these took me forever to get posted, but finally some pictures from the ultrasound. Everything is so much clearer when you're seeing it on the big screen and she's wiggling around, so I have no delusions that people can actually tell what these pictures are, but maybe with my coaching you can squint and pretend these are pictures of a baby.

This is the bottom of baby girl's foot

And both of her feet side by side

Waving "Hello!"

Doing her impression of "The Thinker" with
her hand on her chin

No question she's a girl!

All her little vertebrae

And her adorable (if slightly skeleton-like) face!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Belly pictures! You look great - as always! And I love the ultrasound pictures! The little foot is the cutest! Well, that and the baby junk ;-) Don't worry about getting everything done - like someone told me once: the baby definitely won't know the difference! I don't think Izzy even knew she really had a room until she was about three years old. But I also know the nesting urges can be strong!

    Can't wait to see you guys! One more week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hands and feet!! So amazing and adorable!! now I'm even more excited for our ultrasound. How fun that you can for sure feel the kicks and punches. I am about 70% sure I am feeling movement, but it's still really hard to know for sure. I am still super jealous of your bump! I met someone at a party last night who is due 2 days after me (at the same hospital, with a doctor in the same practice as mine...crazy) and she was like, "oh, I would never have though you were pregnant, you're not showing at all, I'm so jealous!" I was really pouty. Can't wait to hear about your nursery and mural plans/ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's so much cooler in person, Rebecca - I can't wait till you get yours! I bet you are feeling movement! So exciting! I can't believe that lady! How rude, like she doesn't know that you're at that stage where you want to show. I'm sure you're going to wake up poking out any day now - eeee I can't wait to see you in a few weeks! :-)

    ReplyDelete