Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Flippin baby!!

I promised a report out on the baby flipping, so here goes.
Bottom line is, Eliza did get turned, even if it was pretty unpleasant. When I called, the woman I talked to told me the only uncomfortable part of the flipping was going to be the fact that I had to lay on my back - but that other than that it would be completely painless. That miiiight have been a slight stretch of the truth. Reminds me of last year - Jeremy and I both got Lasik and the doctors told us we would feel slight pressure on our eyeballs - if by slight pressure they meant an elephant sitting on our eyeballs, this was totally accurate. Nonetheless, I would do the procedure again in a heartbeat with all the good it did!
The doctor said that flipping the baby would take anywhere from 3-20 minutes, and average was 7 minutes. Of course, Eliza was stubborn so we were there for 20 minutes. As soon as he started putting the pressure on my pelvis I had instant dizziness, nausea and got extremely hot and clammy. It was very uncomfortable the entire time - but it is done! And all without passing out or vomiting, both which were serious concerns at one point. My body's still getting used to her laying on the other side of my belly, and my waddle has increased significantly, but hey - if it saves me back labor I'll take it any day of the week!
In other news, at my weekly OB appointment today, the doctor checked me and I measured at 2-3 cm and 80% effaced! (If you don't know what that means, you probably don't want to know). Basically it means things are progressing on their own with no outside intervention and little miss will probably make her appearance sooner rather than later!

1 comment:

  1. Umm, yeah, the whole flipping thing sounds less than fun, but at least it was productive!

    Sounds like you are getting close!! So exciting! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete